Monday, February 16, 2009

Volta Overload

So. It turns out that the Grammy's are somewhat legit after all. I know this is a little late but The Mars Volta won a Grammy for Best Hard Rock Performance on their song "Wax Simulacra". I am a huge volta fan but I realize they are a hate or love kind of band. Whatever your choice is you can't say they aren't doing something unique. They are very left wing kind of people and that's what I like so much. Anyway, they WON! against people like Disturbed and Tommy Lee. (I know, I know WTF I said to myself too) I'm really glad to see a bunch of spics like me onstage at such a big event. BIG UP TO ONE OF THE MOST UNIQUE ACTS OF TODAYS MUSIC - THE MARS VOLTA!

The Mars Volta - Wax Simulacra

Now - with that being said. The guitarist/leader of the band released a record on Stones Throw which in my opinion is one of the most accesible records this cat has put out to date. And the vinyl looks beautiful, Come on!





b3

No comments:

Post a Comment