Friday, May 8, 2009

New Mixtape from your truly, truly.

So. Unto a new chapter.

Things finally looking good after a big drought.

I got some honey for your ears ...

Photobucket
It's called my cermonial sex
http://www.zshare.net/download/59686696fcb839ae/
(link works now, lol)
(my own homage to my favorites movie directors such as Stanley Kubrick, Luis Buñuel, & Darren Aronofsky. Along with Madlib. MF Doom, The Mars Volta Etc.) I wanted to make it sound the way my favorite movies and albums sound like.

So the story goes like this. I had huge wishes of making this like a professional recording. I wrote out some notes to record a couple of musicians and tell little stories between the mixes along with funny skits. My boy Frankie got down on some major cutting with his amazing scratching skills. My friend had written some guitar parts to make an intro and make the tape sound kind of like a movie. No stopping for anything ... just non-stop music and crazy noises and stories to go along with it.

Well it didn't go through. The sessions became kind of lame with no energy at least from a couple of the partners I was working with. I found myself making stuff by MYSELF. So you can't do that and put everyone's name on it. Know what I mean? If I make something then It's going to have my name on it. And that's it. ---*maybe my daughters name because she's the one who pushes me to take things further. Even if she hides my headphones, its kool.

Anyway, this cat that I was working with told me he wasn't contributing because he didn't have the creativity to make stuff like that. He had nothing to say. My question was, than what the hell are you doing trying to DJ? Get it.
It was horrible.

Now. This is what I saved out of the chaos. I hope you enjoy it. And hopefully you can feel the frustration and happiness and sadness and everything in between that I felt at the time.

* I know it's JUST another mix. but I swear there was alot more to it.

SO TO END THIS. PLEASE HEAR IT. AND PASS IT. AND SAVE IT. AND BURN IT.
LET EVERYONE YOU KNOW HEAR IT. YOUR MOTHER, GRANDMOTHER, COUSIN, NIECE, NEPHEW, FRIEND, NEIGHBOR, EVERYONE! PLEASE.

PEASx

B3

IGNORANCEBREEDSIGNORANCE.BLOGSPOT.COM



http://www.zshare.net/download/59686696fcb839ae/

No comments:

Post a Comment